Call For Speakers/volunteers: Perl devroom (2014 February, 1st), FOSDEM, Brussels, Belgium January 6, 2014Posted by claudio in Uncategorized.
Tags: call for speakers, dev-room, fosdem, fosdem 2014, Perl
So what do we need to make this year a success and how can *you* be part of it?
- We need talk proposals for our dev-room (Saturday 1st February, 11-19h). We really do. This is *our* room, it’s not only a meeting place for our community, but also how we show ourselves to the free and open source world. Please send you proposals *as soon as possible*. We’re flexible about the format and time. If you can not make it, hassle your Perl contacts to send a proposal. It’s has been an interesting year in the Perl world, so why not make it know? SEND YOU PROPOSALS NOW! We don’t have a lot of time left (the FOSDEM people need to print the booklets), so don’t make me use blinking text! (I remember the tag).
- We need a video volunteer. This year the nice people at FOSDEM want to record all the talks. This is great for our outreach and breaking out of the dreaded echo chamber. What will the volunteer need to do? Make sure things get set up and recorded. Video material and specific instructions will be provided, so technical video knowledge is not needed. More info here: https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/video/2014-January/000078.html
- We need stand volunteers (so everyone can take enough breaks, visit talks and eat/drink). The Perl booth will be present on Saturday and Sunday 1st-2nd February). What need you need to do? Help to set it up / break it up and, most importantly, share your enthusiasm about Perl by talking to people. I know that this may sound scary, but it’s actually *really* a lot of fun. Give it a go. Also, you can always drop by and help out. Always welcome.
- We also appreciate promotional materials of your company or organisation for this event. Brochures, flyers, pens, buttons, stickers, little toy animals, etc, etc: it is welcome. The more interesting stuff is gone *very* quickly. Please let us know that you want to send us your promotional materials and we will let you know the address to send it to.
- And finally and rather obvious, visit our dev-room and stand: don’t be a stranger :).
Please send your proposals and/or your volunteer timeslots to us:
Claudio Ramirez (El_Che, nxadm, email: padre.claudio at apt-get.be) and Wendy van Dijk (email: nl.pm at wendy.org).
Please get in touch and see you at FOSDEM!
PS: Forward/twitter/facebook/g+ this link as wide as possible:
Short link: http://wp.me/p69IC-j7